Blend modes are effects applied to a layer that changes how its colors interact (blend) with those on underlying layers, allowing you to achieve different visual outcomes. Users can apply one of 16 available blend modes to image, video, text, and shape elements.
By default, the blend mode in Studio designs is set to Normal.
- Navigate to Studio.
- Either create a new design or edit an existing one.
- Select the layer you wish to apply the blend mode to.
- Blend modes can be applied to every kind of layer or asset supported in Studio - text, images, videos, and shapes, as well as groups.
- In the right-hand column, click the Blend Mode dropdown to select one from the list.
- If you place a black rectangle on top of an image, and then apply the Color blend mode to it, everything below the rectangle becomes black-and-white.
- You can only apply one blend mode to an individual layer. However, if you place the layer in a group, then you can apply a separate blend mode to this group. This way you can stack more than one blend mode on top of each other.