You can enter keywords in the search bar and our text-in-image search using OCR technology will return images with that text. This helps you quickly find images based on the text within them regardless of the applied metadata, streamlining your upload and enrichment processes and increasing the searchability of your assets. When you upload an image to your DAM, the technology scans and extracts any text, creating fully indexed text-in-image tags. The technology can detect up to 100 words per image.
How to Enable the Text-in-Image Search
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about enabling this feature and any associated costs.
Any permission restrictions set on an asset will be honored and will affect if an asset is retrievable in search.
A confidence level is provided for each tag, offering insights into the accuracy and reliability of the extracted text. Hover over a tag to view its confidence score.
- Tags with high confidence scores (90% and above) are not highlighted in any color.
- Tags with medium confidence scores (60% - 90% range) appear in the tooltip in orange.
- Tags with low confidence scores (below 60%) appear in the tooltip in red.
Factors Impacting Confidence Score
- Image Resolution: Higher image resolutions facilitate text recognition and lead to higher confidence scores.
- Image Composition: The complexity of the background in relation to the text can impact text recognition (i.e., neon signs, cut-off text, text on images featuring merchandise with wrinkles) and can lead to lower confidence scores.
- Font and Text Style: Uncommon or stylized fonts may challenge text recognition. Factors like handwriting, cursive writing, or overlapping characters can lower confidence scores.
- Language: Characters/alphabets the AI model is trained on will significantly impact confidence scores.
All Bynder-supported languages use Latin and Cyrillic alphabets as well as Arabic. Syllabary and logographic scripts, such as are not currently supported.
Supported File Types
All supported image types will work with this feature. This feature will not locate text within images embedded in Word, PDF, Keynote, or PowerPoint documents.