Sharepoint is a web-based collaborative platform that integrates natively with Microsoft 365. You can use Sharepoint on your computer or mobile device to securely upload files and edit them online.
By integrating your Bynder portal and Sharepoint, you are able to seamlessly connect assets between the two by automatically moving assets from your Sharepoint account to Bynder, without downloading from Sharepoint and re-uploading to Bynder. Non-Bynder users can add assets to a folder in Sharepoint to have them automatically uploaded to your DAM.
You can learn how to leverage metaproperty permissions to manage visibility, control access rights, or create an approval workflow here prior to setting up the Sharepoint Integration.
How to enable the Sharepoint Integration
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about enabling this integration and any associated costs.
How to set up the Sharepoint integration
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced settings> Portal settings.
- Click Browse Integrations in the left sidebar then Configure in the Sharepoint section.
- Enter a Name for this configuration.
- If you've already configured a Bynder connection, it will be selected. If not, select New authentication to add your Bynder credentials:
- Your authentication name: Enter a name for the authentication.
- Domain: Enter your unique domain by copying the URL of your Bynder portal (including https://).
5. Click Create, then Next.
6. Select New authentication to add your Sharepoint credentials, then click Create.
7. Choose the Site
8. Select the Document library
9. Click Select Sync Folder to choose which folder you would like to sync with Bynder.
10. All assets uploaded to this folder will automatically be uploaded to the Bynder Asset Bank, bypassing the Waiting Room.
Include Sub-folders: You can choose whether sub-folders in the selected folder will also sync to Bynder.
- Check the box if you would like assets in the sub-folders to be synced to Bynder.
- Leave the box unchecked if only assets uploaded to the folder selected should be uploaded to Bynder.
Note: Large folder structures will slow the total time to synchronise assets from SharePoint.
Admin Tip: If your folder structure is very large, consider creating multiple Sharepoint connections for specific sub-folders within the main folder.
11. Metadata Mapping: You can automatically add certain metaproperty values to all assets that are synced from Box. For example, you can set a Source metaproperty to be Sharepoint for all assets uploaded via the integration.
- Click Choose an option under Bynder Metaproperty and select a field from the dropdown.
- In the Value section, enter the option that the synced assets should be tagged with.
- Click Add a new mapping to add additional metaproperties.
- You can type “ this is a custom value”
- Some fields are not supported: unknownFutureValue, multiterm, user, thumbnail, term
Note: 'Sharepoint' and the Sharepoint file ID will be added to the keyword tags and a link to the synced Sharepoint folder will be added to the Description.
12. Click Next, review the information, then click Finish.
Note: Any supported file types can be added to your portal.
How to use the integration
After configuration, all selected assets in your Sharepoint account will upload to your portal’s Asset Bank after about 2 hours. Moving forward, any assets added or moved to the selected folder (or sub-folders) in the configured Sharepoint account will automatically be uploaded to the Asset Bank after about 2 hours.
If you delete an asset from your Sharepoint account, it will not automatically be removed from your Bynder DAM. If you delete a Sharepoint asset from your Bynder DAM it will remain in your Sharepoint account.
If you would like an additional Sharepoint folder synced, you will need to configure another Sharepoint workflow.
Edit the integration
If you would like to disable the integration, update your synced folder, or edit your Sharepoint credentials, you can edit the configuration
Navigate to Settings >Advanced settings >Portal settings.
Click Active Integrations in the left sidebar, then Edit in the section of the connection that you would like to update.
Make your changes, then click Save.
Which file types are supported?
Any supported file type can be added to your portal.
What happens to the asset if I delete it from my Bynder portal (or visa versa)?
If you delete an asset from your Bynder portal the asset will remain in your Sharepoint account, and if you delete an asset from your Sharepoint account it will remain in your Bynder portal.
Does the integration support versions?
At this time it does not support versioning.
Once assets are added to my synced Sharepoint folder, how long will it take to see them in Bynder?
The updates will run on a 2-hour interval - so every 2 hours your Sharepoint assets will be pushed to your Bynder portal. This applies only to new assets in the selected Sharepoint folder.
Is a specific Sharepoint account type required for the integration?
No, any account type will work for the integration.
What if we have multiple Sharepoint folders that we want to sync?
You can choose to also sync all sub-folders within a selected Sharepoint folder. If you’d like to sync a different folder, it will need to be configured and connected.