You can secure embedded assets such as images, videos, and PDFS so only authenticated Bynder users can view and access those assets. You can securely embed these assets on an authenticated platform like Intranet.
Once enabled, you will not need to mark assets as public to be embeddable. If a Bynder user clicks on the embed code, they will be prompted to enter their Bynder credentials. If they do not have a Bynder account, they cannot access the asset.
How to Enable This Feature
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about enabling this feature.
Who can securely embed assets?
Users with the following rights can securely embed assets:
- Edit Assets
How to Securely Embed an Asset
- Navigate to your Asset Bank
- Select an asset you would like to embed securely.
- Open the Info tab to view Asset Detail View.
- Check off the box next to Media is Embeddable.
- Copy the link to embed media.
Using Secure Embed Code
Once you've copied the secure embed code to your device, you can use it on any authenticated platform or Intranet. If someone does not have a Bynder account, they cannot see the asset.
- Navigate to the authenticated platform or Intranet.
- Click on the asset you would like to view
- A new window will open.
- Click on Login.
- The Bynder login page will open, and you will type in your Bynder username and password.
- You can now view the embedded asset.
- If this feature is enabled, all assets for which you have an embed code will require additional authentication from the end user.
- This currently works on an asset level only; it does not support Collection embed codes.