You can import content from a spreadsheet (CSV, XLSX, XLS or ODS file) to kick off your Content Workflow project or add additional information to an existing project.
- Before you begin
- Supported import file formats
- How to import content from a spreadsheet
Before You Begin
Your content should be in the following format to import into Content Workflow:
- Each row in your spreadsheet is an item.
- Each column in your spreadsheet is a field in the item.
- Once imported, these will appear as field labels.
- If you want to create multiple templates you will need to create multiple sheets within a spreadsheet. For example: sheet 1 would contain content with 6 columns (6 fields). Sheet 2 would contain content with 10 columns (10 fields). This only works for XLSX format.
If you've exported content as a CSV or XLSX file from your Content Workflow project, you can upload the output directly in the Import tab.
Supported Import File Format
You can import CSV, XLSX, XLS and ODS files. Any import spreadsheet should be plain text to enable a seamless import.
How to Import Content from a Spreadsheet
- Navigate to the project you would like to import information into.
- Click on Integrations tab in the navigation bar.
- Drag a file or browse your desktop to upload the spreadsheet.
- Click Import # Items.
- Once the import is complete navigate either click on View your Content or navigate back to the Content tab to view your imported information.
- All imported items will have an auto template structure that contains the date and time of upload. You can edit these fields and the auto template name. Click here to learn more.
- If the number of items from the spreadsheet does not match the number of items in your Content Workflow project an error may have occurred. We recommend copying the spreadsheet into a new spreadsheet and pasting it as values or plain text. Save as a new version and upload.
- If your upload is still loading we recommend checking to see if you have any cell references that may be blocking the import.
GatherContent is now Content Workflow. As a result, we are migrating knowledge base articles to Bynder Knowledge Base. If, during the migration, you are unable to find an article related to Content Workflow, please visit here. We apologize for any inconvenience.