You can manage your asset versioning using the Mass Version Updater. You can batch-update new versions of assets all in one place without having to download and re-upload your assets. There is no limit to the number of files uploaded in one batch. By default, the Mass Version Updater checks the File Name during uploading, not the Asset Name. Once the upload is successful, the new version will replace the existing asset. Depending on the derivative setup of your portal, derivatives will also be created for the newly uploaded version(s).
Who can use the mass version updater?
Users with the following permission can use the mass version updater
Upload Assets to Mass Version Updater
- Navigate to your Portal.
- Hover over your Username in the top right corner.
- In the dropdown, select Mass Version Updater.
- Drag and drop files from your device into the window or click Add Files.
- For the updater to work, it is essential that you use the identical file name as it appears in your portal, not that asset name in your portal.
- If the upload is successful, you will see the status of each asset.
- If the status is Successful, the asset has been successfully replaced and updated.
- If the status is Not Matched, the asset was not successfully uploaded because the version already exists.
- If something goes wrong in the upload process, the system will retry to complete the upload.
- You can click the File Name hyperlink to go directly to the asset. Depending on the derivative setup of your portal, derivatives will be created for the newly uploaded version(s) as well.
Can I use the Mass Version Updated to add additional files to existing assets in bulk?
No, currently you cannot add additional files via the Mass Version updated. To learn how you can add additional files to existing assets click here.