Our DAM solution offers multiple possibilities for managing your assets: you can search for your assets, edit, delete, or share them. You can also change access rights on the asset level so that only the selected users have the right to view or download the media. When you no longer use the asset, you can archive it or hide it from all users.
Searching and filtering
You can search the search bar or filters for the assets you need. You can also save the filter set you use to apply it next time you look for the same assets. See Searching for Assets.
On the Asset Overview page, you can sort assets in the following ways:
- Order by Date added and see the assets based on the Date they have been added to the Assets Bank.
- Order by Date Published Sort assets based on their publication date or the times they were viewed. If you set a future publication date, this will be considered and displayed accordingly.
- Order by Name based on the asset's filename in alphabetical order.
- The default assets in the Asset Library are sorted by Date published and in descending order. If you want to change this and, for example, have the assets sorted by Date added or in ascending order, contact your Customer Success Manager.
- You can combine the available sorting options with ascending and descending sorting. In this way, assets will be sorted from the most recent to the least recent ones, and if you sort by Name, they will be arranged from A-Z or Z-A. Use the arrow icon to apply the ascending or descending sorting.
Using the action widget to work with assets
The action widget allows you to start working with your assets quickly. The bar displays when you select one or multiple assets. You can click the icons to add the assets to a collection, edit, share, download the selected assets, or select or de-select assets. For more information on selecting assets, see Select Assets in the Asset Library to work with them.
The number of icons you can see depends on the permissions you have that allow you to manage assets. For example, you will not see the trash icon if you do not have the Delete assets option.
Learn how to preview documents in Asset Overview here
Changing the Asset Bank view
The Asset bank offers multiple views, which you can change to display your assets differently. Learn more about how to change the view in the asset bank.
Edit your assets
Read more about editing your assets here.
Manage which metaproperties display on the Asset detail page
You can add or hide the metaproperties displayed in Asset detail by modifying the settings of metaproperties. For more information on metaproperties.
Manage which tabs display on the Asset detail page
The Publication date, Tags, Copyright, and Advanced Rights tabs show on the Asset detail page and the upload screen. If you want to hide any of them, contact your Customer Success Manager.
Select an asset in the asset overview, and click the share icon in the action widget. The system will prompt you to create a collection. Enter the user or a group and set the date period when the assets should be available to recipients. For more information, see Create, manage, and share collections.
You can also share a file by clicking on a specific asset and copying the URL in the Link to File tab. However, in this way, you can only share files with other system users.
Finding Asset Duplicates