If you want to trace assets to specific workflow jobs, you can create metaproperties that automatically link these assets to jobs. In this way you can filter on these assets and you can go to specific workflow jobs directly from the asset details page.
Note: Multiple assets can be linked to one job but only one job can be linked to one asset.
a) Activate the setting in edit current account
- Go to settings > Account > edit current account
- Activate the setting 'workflow-add-job-to-asset'
b) Create a metaproperty.
- Go to Settings > Account > Metaproperties management.
- Click +Add.
- Enter additional details and select Workflow job from the Type dropdown list.
- If you want to be able to select and filter on the metaproperty, select the following properties:
- Save the metaproperty.
c) Create a preset.
- Go to Settings > Workflow > Preset Management.
- Click the Job hyperlink.
- Click + Add preset.
- In the preset options, select Add job to exported assets using "Workflow link" metaproperty.
- From the Workflow link metaproperty dropdown list, select the metaproperty you have created.
- Save your preset.
d) Create a job based on this preset.
- Go to Workflow.
- Click Create new and select the job preset you have created.
- Enter the name for the job and click Add to start the workflow job.
- Upload new assets or create them using Print-On-Demand.
- Export the assets to the Waiting room or the Asset bank.
When you create a job based on the preset and you upload assets in this job that are then submitted to the Asset bank, each of the submitted assets displays with a link to the job from which the assets were exported. Open the asset detail page to view the link to the job.
Click the icon to open the linked workflow job.