If a workflow stage requires approval, and you want to make sure the right person approves it, you can set additional authentication requirement for the approval stage.
In this way, the user who is responsible for the approval stage needs to log in again (reauthenticate) before they can submit the job to the next stage.
- Users who have Workflow admin rights in their Permission profile can overrule reauthentication.
- The reauthentication requirement works in combination with the Editable by field. This means, that the user or users with the edit rights for the stage will be the ones required to log in again to submit the stage to the next level.
- Go to Settings > Workflow > Preset Management.
- Click the Job hyperlink.
- Select the preset you want to update.
- In the Options section for the approval stage, select Reauthenticate necessary before completing stage.
- Save your changes.
Now, when users responsible for the job want to submit the job to the next stage, they are prompted to log in again. If the login is successful, users can click the Submit to next stage button. If they do not click the button within 5 minutes, they have to reauthenticate again.