Beside the Watermark feature, where light users have to send a request for downloading, it is also possible to exclude assets for downloading, with the Downloadable feature.
By default the assets are downloadable. This means that the checkbox “Downloadable” is activated in the settings of every asset.
To change those settings to not downloadable, simply un-tick this checkbox. Just to be sure, this means turning off downloading for all profiles.
To find out how to do this, see the following steps.
This setting change will make sure the download button will be hidden for (light) users. This will make the asset only visible for light users in the portal.
Via the Detail page of an asset:
1. Click in the asset bank on the asset you would like to mark as non-downloadable , so that the asset detail view will open.
2. Click on the tab “Edit”, on the top right of the page.
3. Scroll down and click on “Advanced Rights”. A sub menu with checkboxes will appear.
4. Untick the checkbox of “Downloadable”.
5. Click on the “Save” button.
Via the Batch edit page or the Upload page:
1. Select all assets you would like to make not downloadable, in the asset bank or upload the assets you would like to add to the asset bank. You will end up in the Batch edit page or in the Upload page.
2. Scroll down and click on “Advanced Rights”, on the left side of the screen. A sub menu with checkboxes will appear.
3. Untick the checkbox of “Downloadable”.