When you upload ZIP, an audio or a video file, by default, they have a generic thumbnail. You can change this thumbnail on the Asset detail screen. You can set a custom thumbnail for the following files:
- Images: jpg, png, bmp, tif, gif, ai, psd, indd
- Video: mp4, mov, avi, 3gp, m4v, wmv
- Audio: mp3, m4a
- ZIP files
- Other formats: xml, docm, pptm, xlsm
How do file thumbnails look right now?
For example, uploaded ZIP files will by default have generic thumbnails that look like this:
How can I change this?
Once we have activated this feature for your environment, you will be able to select a thumbnail image within the Edit screen.
Open the file you would like to change, click on Edit and scroll down to the bottom. Here, you can upload a new thumbnail image from your desktop or remove existing thumbnails
Please note that it may take a few moments before the new thumbnail becomes visible in the asset bank.
- Cropping and setting the focus point are not available for custom thumbnails.
- You can see the custom thumbnail for video files in the Asset overview, but in Asset detail, it changes to the in-build media player.
- When you update a version of an asset that has a custom thumbnail, you need to update the thumbnail as well.
- All derivatives are created from the original image.
How can I set this up?
Please contact Bynder Support or your Customer Success Manager. We will be happy to activate this feature for you.
Video Tutorial#: AB036IP