If users wants to start a new workflow, they can choose a preset. A preset can help to create jobs more quickly. In general, presets can have predefined approvers, stages, and indicate if templates should be used for creating assets.
Presets can be created by going to Settings - Workflow - Preset Management and click on the Add Preset button.
Setting up a Preset
If you start a new preset, the following information needs to be entered:
Name - Enter a name for the preset
Campaign - Choose a created campaign (so you first have to create a campaign in workflow before you can create a preset)
- Use own templates (POD only)
- Export assets to Bynder after completing the job to: Assetbank or Waitingroom
- Job description is required
- Hide accountable
- Hide attachments
- Hide deadline
- Hide description
- Hide sidebar
- Hide stages
- Enable reorder
- Enable start date
- Disable annotations on assets
- Disable asset editing
- Disable comments
- Only allow removing assets when they have no comments or annotations
- Disable Asset download for profile
- Use Brandstore approval flow (Brandstore only)
- When job is completed, submit the asstes
Name - Enter a name for the stage
Type - Choose a type of the stage
When creating a Workflow, there are a few Stage types one can choose from:
- Default (or unselected) - This will be used for most instances for basic upload stages or review/approval stages (without an approval code)
- Templates - Allows you to select POD templates in that stage.
- Approval - When finalizing a stage of the type approval an approval code will be generated. Note: Don’t use multiple approval stages
- Form - Be able to select workflow metaproperties and populate these in a specific stage as form fields
- Order & order stationary - these offer default set of fields. Created for a specific client. Obsolete if client is using Brandstore
- Download - this allows you to create a POD template in this stage and immediately download these as different versions if applicable. This for example is used at a value poster since there is not always a print supplier behind it and people want to download the PDF.
Responsible - Choose a person or group who is responsible for the stage (If you don't select a responsible for a stage, the creator will automatically be the responsible.)
Let the user choose responsible means that the responsible of this stage can select the responsible of the next stage.
A workflow stage or task can be restricted to a selected group. This means that only users that are part of that selected workflow group can be assigned to that stage or task.
Default assets filter - We recommend to choose Open by default
Description - Enter a description for the stage (not necessary)
- Start the job at this stage when reordering
- Enable approval
- Enable time booking
- Enable asset upload
- Upload assets automatically
- Choose responsible when creating the job (see example down below)
In a preset it is also possible to select a responsible per stage when creating a new job (instead of choosing the user before or let the previous stage owner select the next responsible).
In the preset you can check per stage the box "choose responsible upfront during creation of the job". When this option is checked, users need to choose in a responsible for this stage in add job popup:
Such assigning can also be set up for tasks:
- Allow downloading the original version of watermarked assets
- Disable notifications
- Use custom Action Labels (see example down below)
In Workflow, the following buttons are used to send a job to the next or previous stage:
Would you like to change the labels of these buttons? That is possible!
Go to the Settings > Workflow > Preset Management. Here you can customize the labels!
Tasks - A user or group can be made responsible for a task
Attachments -It is possible to add an attachment to a workflow preset. Open the preset and scroll down to the bottom to attach a file. If you upload an attachment here, the uploaded file will be visible and accessible during the whole workflow.
So when a client wants to have a specific PDF file with a brief in every Approve Marketing Material job, he/she no longer needs to manually add that asset each time a job is created.
Metaproperties - Form fields that need to be filled out before the first stage starts
Enable for Profiles / Groups - Here specific profiles or groups can be selected for this preset
Note: After creating the preset template, you can open the template in a new environment and start a new preset based on the template.
Save Presets Buttons
Next to the "save as new" and "save" button in a preset screen there are two new buttons:
"Save & Close" which saves changes and then closes preset detail screen.
"Save & update jobs" will save the preset changes and update existing jobs. Only existing elements can be changed so they match the preset.
So the following items will not be updated in existing jobs:
- New Tasks
- New Stages
- New Metaproperties
The already existing "Save" button will change slightly, clicking it will save the preset changes but the user will remain in the preset detail screen and will not go back to preset overview page.