Here are the explanations of the User Group settings in Settings > Users & rights > Permission Management.
- Look and Feel - Allows the User Group to change the background of the login page, the logo's and Watermark. (Settings > Account > Look & feel)
- Tag Management - If you allow access to “Tag Management” (Settings > Tags) the User Group can manage the tags, rename them or remove / add tags.
- Metaproperties Management - Allow the User Group to add, delete and modify custom filters and fields in Metaproperties Management. (Settings > Account > Metaproperties management)
- Brand Management - Manage the list of available brands. In Brand management, you also have the option to set a brand as sub brand. (Settings > Brands)
- Category Management - Manage the list of available categories. (Settings > Categories)
Users and permissions
- Business unit management -
- User management - Allowed the User Group to edit, delete or add new users. (Settings > Users & rights > User Management)
- Permission management - This will grant access to the user profile screen to set up all the permissions, what means the settings described here. (Settings > User & rights > Permission Management)
- Statistics - Grants access to the overview of statistics Bynder offers, which are called Insights. (Settings > Account > Insights)
- News Management - The User Group can add / modify / delete news items and publish them on, or in the news slider on, the dashboard. (Settings > Extra > News Management)
- Download media with watermark - Allows the User Group to download Watermarked assets without requesting.
- Audit media in waitingroom - Allows the User Group to audit / approve upload requests, via the Waiting room. (Settings > Waiting room)
- Crop media - Allows the User Group to use the crop function to crop assets.
- Download marked not downloadable - Allows the User Group to download assets which are marked as not downloadable.
- Audit download requests - Allows the User Group to audit / approve requests for download (Watermarked assets), via the Waiting room. (Settings > Waiting room)
- Show watermark - All assets will show a watermark for this user profile.
- Upload media for approval - Allows the User Group to upload media in to the waitingroom, where an approver will audit this upload first before it comes in the asset bank ("Upload and publish media" overrules "Upload media for approval" when both are checked).
- Upload and publish media - Allows the User Group to upload media in to Bynder.
- Edit media - Allows the User Group to edit the settings of the assets.
- Delete media - Allows the User Group to delete assets out of Bynder.
- Download web versions - Allows User Groups to download the web versions (smaller variants) of assets.
- Download original files - Allows the User Group to download the original assets.
- Download archive - Allows the User Group to see and download archived assets.
- Limited usage download - Allows the User Group to see and download Limited usage assets.
- Share media - Allows the User Group to share assets via mail out of Bynder and via "Link to the file".
- Publish collections online - Allows the User Group to publish collections on the internet.
- View collections shared with others - Provide an overview of the collections the user has shared with others.
- Add collections to inspiration at homepage - Allows the User Group to add collections in inspiration view on the dashboard.
- View collections received from others - Provide an overview of the collections which are shared with the user.
- Create collections - Allows the User Group to create collections, by grouping assets.
- View collections from others - Allows the User Group to view the collections created by others users.
- Restrict access to online collections -
Custom Brand Access
All new environments have only 1 brand since we now work with metaproperties instead of the old brand structure. Nevertheless, all permission profiles must have this single brand switched on otherwise the users with this profile won't see any assets at all.