1. Setting up Metaproperties
Go to Settings > Account > Metaproperties management. Click on the "+Add" button on the top righthand corner.
A form will appear. Fill this form in, and click "Save" on the bottom right corner.
What means what?
First column: Under the “Type” field you have the following options:
- Select: This is the default setting, and the recommended setting. For ‘main filters’ this setting is required.
- Autocomplete: If Autocomplete is selected, this means that as soon as a character (letter, number) is entered, the program automatically displays all words which contain the chosen character.
- Text: Search filter requiring exact keyword(s) matches. Not recommended to use. You will see the metadata while uploading it but it will not be visible as a filter in the navigation menu.
- Sidebar: When Sidebar is activated it means that the metaproperty will show on the sidebar.
- Date: Allows to add a date as a metaproperty.
- Linked assets: Enables the related asset function.
In the “Z-index” field the order of the metaproperty is set in case there are multiple filters.
Second column: To make sure that the metaproperties change along with the chosen account language, the metaproperty can be translated into various languages.
Third column: There are several functions you can choose for a metaproperty:
- Multiselect: It is possible to select various values of a metaproperty instead of only one. (Recommended setting)
- Searchable: When searching for an asset in the search bar, located on the top of the account, the Metaproperty will be taken into account during the search and be displayed. (Mandatory setting)
- Editable: It is possible to change an asset in the edit media view to another metaproperty. (Mandatory setting)
- Filterable: Allows filtering for media through metaproperty. (Recommended)
- API field: When using the Bynder API, this field allows for filtering on the created filter.
- Display field: This setting activates and makes the created filter visible. (Recommended)
- Make required: Checking this option will make clicking this metaproperty required when uploading an asset.
- Main filter: The metaproperty will be displayed on the main bar, next to Brands and Categories.
2. Adding Options
You have now created the filter and are ready to create the first layer. Click on the gear wheel button all the way to the right side of the filter you just created.
You can now create as many new filters as you want. Enter the name in the "Name" and "Label" field. You can change this at any time you want. "Label" is the name users will see in the asset bank. It can be any text, with both spaces and capitals, much like the translations.
IMPORTANT: The value in the column "Name" must always be unique and in small letters and without special characters and spaces! (Also to other filters in other levels).
Don't forget to indicate the index number. With the Index number you can manage the order the filters will be displayed in the asset bank. Make sure you check the Selectable checkbox in advance.
Click "Save" on the righthand side of the same line of the filter after your last change. Repeat this until all your filters have been created.
In order to create a second (or third or fourth, etc.) level, click on the "list" symbol on the right side (next to the trashcan button) and repeat the description above.
3. Visibility in the Asset Bank
When all filters are created, you can return to the asset bank. Here you will see that the new filters have appeared on the top menu. Please note that you will not see any created filter (metaproperty), as long as there is no asset in it. As soon as you put at least 1 asset in the folder, it will show up in the asset bank.
When you upload new assets or edit current assets, you can add the assets to the new filter.
This description is written based on a standard Bynder setup The environment you use might have different settings, additional modules or custom changes. Thus, your particular situation may vary.