Add Files to Your Project
- Click on the file name to view files at their actual size and see where they're currently being used.
- This opens up the file viewer. You can see details such as file size and type on the right-hand side and which items the file is currently being used on.
Tip: Items a user doesn't have permission to view won't be individually listed.
- Select in the top bar and select Download.
Tip: You can also download a file immediately with the shortcut Shift + D.
- Select in the top bar and select Delete.
- When you delete a file, it will be removed from all items that it is currently attached to.
- Deleting files is permanent and cannot be undone. When choosing to delete files currently being used on items, you'll be asked to confirm your choice to avoid accidental deletion. If you accidentally delete a file, you'll need to add the file to your project and the necessary items again.
Adding Files to Content
Asset fields allow a wide variety of file types to be added to an item, including images, PDFs, and document files.
- Once you've added an Asset field to an item's structure, click on Add files when in the content editor.
- An Add files pop-up will appear. The Project tab displays all of the files that already exist in your project. You can search for the name of a file and change the view between the grid and rows.
- Select the file or files you wish to add to your item, and click Insert.
- If the file you want to use isn't yet in your project, click the Upload tab. You can drag and drop items from your computer onto the modal directly or click Browse my local files.
- To remove a file from your selection, hover over it and select to remove it.
- Choose Upload.
- Once complete, the files will be inserted into your item.
A file may fail to upload. If this happens, click Try again.
Add Images to Text Fields
You can also add images to your content by inserting them inline.
- Once inside a text field, click in the formatting toolbar.
- Choose an image from your library, or upload a new one, and click Insert.
- Your chosen image will now appear inside the text field.
- You have the ability to comment on the image, view a larger size (if available), download it, view the image in your file library, edit settings and delete it.
- Learn more about image setting here.
Working with files on an item
- You have various options when interacting with files in Asset fields. Hovering over the files will bring up the options, as well as more details about the file.
Here you can choose to:
Download the file straight to your computer
Delete the file from the item (this doesn't delete the file from your project)
Comment on the file
View a larger version of the file (for files where a preview is available)
Tip: You can download all files on an item from the item menu.
Interacting with Files on the Content Hub
Interacting with files works in the same way as items.
- Clicking on a file will select it. You can repeat the process to select multiple files. Selecting files will bring up the action bar at the bottom of the browser.
Here you have two options:
Download the file(s) to your computer (Single files will download straight away. You'll be emailed a download link for multiple files.)
Delete the file(s) from your project
Note: Deleting files is permanent and cannot be undone. When choosing to delete files that are currently being used on items, you'll be asked to confirm your choice to avoid accidental deletion. If you do accidentally delete a file you'll need to add the file to your project and necessary items again.
File Size Limits
- You can upload an asset larger than 1kb and smaller than 50MB.
- If you're trying to upload an asset smaller than 1kb you will need to increase the size of the asset to above 1kb, and re-upload.
- Files or images uploaded to an asset field are not compressed.