Templates are reusable structures that you can apply to one or more items; they're helpful if you have items that share the same structure. A template is a saved custom structure that can be easily applied to similar items simultaneously.
If you plan on migrating your content using one of our CMS integrations, we recommend saving all item structures as templates, as our integrations with CMS systems work on template mappings.
How to Create a Template
Tip: If you cannot see the Structure tab in your Content Workflow account, contact your Content Workflow admin to change your permissions.
- Navigate to Content Workflow
- Select the Structure tab.
- Click New Template. You will be taken to the Structure Editor.
- Drag the fields that you want to add to the template.
- You can re-order the fields by selecting at the far-right of a field and dragging and dropping it into a new position.
- Customise fields with field names to reflect the content you want to collect. You can add instructions below the field for further clarity or a word or character limit. Some field types allow you to apply certain settings to them to help gather specific content.
- Read our related articles on repeatable fields and rich and plain text.
Click Save. You can click on the dropdown and choose Save & close to save the changes and return to where you were.
Convert a Custom Structure to a Template
If you've created a custom structure on an item, you can save it as a template.
- Navigate to Content Workflow.
- Open an Item you would like to convert to a template.
- Inside the custom structure, select edit mode, which is located in the top right-hand sidebar.
- Click Save as template.
- You won't see the Save as template option if you view a template, not a custom structure.