Cropping or resizing design elements helps when you need them to fit certain dimensions, shapes, or simply when you only want to use a part of an element in your design.
- Navigate to Studio.
- Either create a new design or edit an existing one. The following steps are the same for both image and video designs.
- Select the content item you wish to adjust. To resize the bounding box of a content item, simply drag and drop the edges of the bounding box on the canvas.
- If editing an existing design, click Edit design to access the Design Editor.
- If creating a new design, you should be taken to the Design Editor automatically.
4. Select the content item you wish to adjust.
- To resize the bounding box of a content item, simply drag and drop the edges of the bounding box on the canvas.
- Alternatively, you can give a numeric value for the width and height of the item from the right-hand column.
5. For video and image elements, you can change the crop mode of the video or image.
6. Select the image or video you wish to adjust, and select More image options found in the right-hand column.
- Navigate to Studio.
- Either create a new design or edit an existing one.
- In the right sidebar, you will find the image content items you can align.
- Click the More image options dropdown below an image or a video element.
Next to the option to perfectly align element by using the horizontal and vertical sliders, you can also choose the Crop mode. How an element is cropped or resized depends on the option you choose:
- Contain: Makes sure the whole element is visible in the bounding box and nothing is cut off.
- Cover: The bounding box will always be fully covered by the element.
- Width: The width dimension of the element will be set to the width dimension of the bounding box.
- Height: The height dimension of the element will be set to the height dimension of the bounding box.
- Free: You have full control over resizing and position. With the Scale slider, you can decrease or increase the element's size.
The More image options section is also available in the Design Editor to adjust the crop and alignment of placeholder images.