The Similarity Search allows you to easily find similar images within the Asset Bank, without needing to rely on metadata. This can be helpful if you’re looking for images of a particular product or images that may have a similar look and feel to group together in a collection.
How to Enable the Similarity Search
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about enabling this feature and any associated costs.
Any permission restrictions set on an image asset will be honored and will affect if an image asset is retrievable in the Similarity search.
How to Search for Similar Image Assets
- Navigate to the Asset Bank.
- Hover over an image and click Show similar. Results are based on the single asset selected.
- Alternatively, you can select multiple images and click in the toolbar. The results are based on the similarity of all images selected.
- Images will be sorted based on visual similarity to the selected asset(s).
- To remove the similarity search, click Clear filters or the x next to Filtering on Visual similarity.
- This feature works in identifying Bynder supported image assets.
- Images do not need to be tagged with metadata in order to display in the similarity search results.
- Users can check for similar images within the portal upon upload. Images without duplicates will display Show Similar on the thumbnail.
- Images will not be marked as similar if you are in the Collection view.
- There is a minimum image requirement of 300 X 300 pixel.