The Similarity Search allows you to easily find similar images within the Asset Bank, without needing to rely on metadata. This can be helpful if you’re looking for images of a particular product or images that may have a similar look and feel to group together in a collection.
How to Enable the Similarity Search
Contact your Customer Success Manager to learn more about enabling this feature and any associated costs.
Any permission restrictions set on an asset will be honored and will affect if an asset is retrievable in the Similarity search.
How to Search for Similar Assets
- Navigate to the Asset Bank.
- Hover over an image and click Show similar. Results are based on the single asset selected.
- Alternatively, you can select multiple assets and click in the toolbar. The results are based on the similarity of all assets selected.
- Images will be sorted based on visual similarity to the selected asset(s).
- To remove the similarity search, click Clear filters or the x next to Filtering on Visual similarity.
- This feature works in identifying image assets only
- Assets do not need to be tagged with metadata in order to display in the similarity search results.
- Users can check for similar assets within the portal upon upload. Assets without duplicates will display Show Similar on the thumbnail.
- Assets will not be marked as similar if you are in the Collection view.
- There is a minimum image requirement of 300 X 300 pixel.