After a content creator completes a design, you can allow them to immediately download, push it to the waiting room, or send it for approval. Approvals allow you to set reviewers who can review, suggest edits, and approve files for greater control over content. When Approvals are enabled, users won’t be able to export until it’s approved.
Approvals are available to customers on certain Studio plans. Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to learn more about the Studio offerings and any associated costs.
- Navigate to Studio and either create a new design or edit one. Learn more about getting started with images or videos.
- Navigate to the design settings on the right-hand side.
- If you’re in an element, you can get to the design settings by clicking in the top right-hand corner and selecting Design settings.
- Request approval: Enable if you’d like users to request approval before they can export the completed design.
- Enter the users, groups or permission profiles who should review and approve the design and click the name in the dropdown.
Any Studio user can be an approver.
- Click Publish to save the changes.
Review & Approve Assets
After a user edits a design that requires approval, they’ll click Request approval. If multiple users, groups, or permission profiles have been added as reviewers, only one person from that selection needs to review and approve it.
- Navigate to Studio, then click Shared with me.
- Search, filter, or navigate to the design needing approval and click it.
- The approval status will display on the design. Designs that are pending approval have an In Review status.
- Hover your mouse over the Status, next to the design name, to review any comments.
- Click Review design.
- Set the approval status and enter an optional comment.
- Approve: Once approved, the creator will be able to export the design.
- Request edits: This allows the creator to make changes to the design and then re-submit it for approval.
- Click Submit your review.
- While you can set multiple users, groups, and permission profiles as the reviewers, only one person will need to approve it.
- If you set the status to Request edits and the design is resubmitted for approval, any of the reviewers will be able to review the changes.
- Statuses include:
- Draft: The default status while the design is still being edited.
- In Review: The status when a design is submitted (or resubmitted) for approval. While In review, creators can’t edit the design unless they Cancel approval request.
- Edits Requested: The status if the approver Requests edits to the design. While in this status, creators will be able to edit the design. They can then re-submit it for approval.
- Approved: The status once the design is approved. Once approved, creators will be able to download immediately or send it to the waiting room, depending on the export options set in the design.
- Creators can’t make changes to the design after it’s Approved.
- By default, an email is sent to approvers and requestors for approvals.